Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Daily Gospel & Reflection, Wednesday, April 17, 2013


Acts 8:1-8
Psalm 66
John 6:35-40

Worship Song


Entrance Antiphon

I will be a witness to you in the world, O Lord, I will spread the knowledge of your name among my brothers, alleluia. (Psalm 17:50; 21:23)

Opening Prayer

God of mercy, you have filled us with the hope of resurrection by restoring man to his original dignity. May we who relive this mystery each year come to share it in perpetual love. Grant this through Christ our Lord.

The will of the Father

35Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me will never hunger, and whoever believes in me will never thirst. 36But I told you that although you have seen [me], you do not believe. 37Everything that the Father gives me will come to me, and I will not reject anyone who comes to me, 38because I came down from heaven not to do my own will but the will of the one who sent me. 39And this is the will of the one who sent me, that I should not lose anything of what he gave me, but that I should raise it [on] the last day. 40For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in him may have eternal life, and I shall raise him [on] the last day.”

Alleluia

Alleluia, alleluia. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, so that everyone who believes in him might have eternal life. Alleluia, alleluia. (John 3:16)

Reflection

In his outstanding book, The Great Divorce, the British theologian C. S. Lewis divides the world into two groups of people: those who say to God, “Thy will be done” and those to whom God says, “All right then, have it your own way.”

The words of Jesus in today’s gospel – and the two-fold category into which Lewis divides the world – invite me to ask: In which category of people do I often find myself with? Why?

“The world and everything in it that people desire is passing away; but he who does the will of God lives forever.” ~ 1 John 2:17

Reflection Credits: Fr. Mark Link, SJ, Daily Homilies

Prayer Response

Dear Lord, you know me better than I know myself. Quiet my fears. I know you love me despite my failures and shortcomings. Help me to do your will always.

Suggested Action

Talk to someone you know who is having problems living a Christian life. You don’t have to preach. Just listen to what he has to say. Share your faith experience when the opportunity presents itself.

Silencing

Block out the world. Know that God is present to you right now. Listen to the voice of the Spirit speaking to you.

For the other readings today please go to http://www.usccb.org/nab/

No comments:

Post a Comment