Saturday, April 20, 2013

Daily Gospel & Reflection, Sunday, April 21, 2013


Good Shepherd Sunday

Acts 13:14, 43-52, 1st Reading
Psalm 100
Revelation 7:9, 14b-17, 2nd Reading
John 10:27-30

Worship Song

Glory and Praise to Our God http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iRqiS6fcqw

Entrance Antiphon

The earth is full of the goodness of the Lord; by the word of the Lord the heavens were made, alleluia. (Psalm 33:5-6)

Opening Prayer

Almighty and ever-living God, give us new strength from the courage of Christ our shepherd, and lead us to join the saints in heaven, where he lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Amen.

Alleluia

Alleluia, alleluia. I am the good shepherd, says the Lord; I know my sheep, and mine know me. Alleluia, alleluia. (John 10:14)

I give my sheep eternal life

27My sheep hear my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish. No one can take them out of my hand. 29My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one can take them out of the Father’s hand. 30The Father and I are one.”

Reflection

Jesus is indeed the Good Shepherd, who gave his life for us, knows each one of us by name, and gathers the lost even as he brings new members into the flock.

Where the flock is, there is the Shepherd. The flock may be in difficult terrain, experiencing terrible storms or be attacked by predators. Still the Good shepherd is with them. If we know of someone who is looking for the Good shepherd, invite him or her to the flock, to the Church. Here they will find restful waters and refreshment for the soul. Whether they are on a cliff or in a valley, here they will find the Lord’s rod and staff to give them courage. Here they will find the table of the Lord and the anointing of the Spirit. Here they will find the entry way to dwelling in the Lord’s house forever.

Jesus, the Good Shepherd, has bound himself to his flock forever. Join the flock and the Shepherd will embrace you. Embrace the Shepherd and you will join the flock. The flock and the Shepherd, the Lord and his Church are one for good!

Reflection Credits: Rev. S. Joseph Krempa, Captured Fire, excerpts

Prayer Response

Loving Father and eternal Shepherd, watch over the flock redeemed by the blood of your Son and lead us to your kingdom. Grant this through Christ our Lord.

Suggested Action

Surely, there is someone you know who needs the Good Shepherd. Bring him or her into the sheepfold.

“Christianity is the spirit of Jesus at work in the world.” ~ Anonymous

Silencing

We cannot know God unless we have listened to him in the silence of our hearts. Rest in the loving arms of the Lord with an open mind and an open heart.

For the other readings today please go to http://www.usccb.org/nab/

No comments:

Post a Comment