Monday, April 22, 2013

Daily Gospel & Reflection, Tuesday, April 23, 2013


Acts 11:19-26
Psalm 87
John 10:22-30

Worship Song


Entrance Antiphon

All you who fear God, both the great and the small, give praise to him! For his salvation and strength have come, the power of Christ, alleluia. (Revelation 19:5; 12:10)

Opening Prayer

Father, you open the kingdom of heaven to those born again by water and Spirit. Increase your gift of love for us. May all who have been freed from sins in baptism receive all that you have promised. We ask this…

Alleluia

Alleluia, alleluia. I am the good shepherd, says the Lord; I know my sheep, and mine know me. Alleluia, alleluia. (John 10:14)

The Father and I are one

22The feast of the Dedication was then taking place in Jerusalem. It was winter. 23And Jesus walked about in the temple area on the Portico of Solomon. 24So the Jews gathered around him and said to him, “How long are you going to keep us in suspense? If you are the Messiah, tell us plainly.” 25Jesus answered them, “I told you and you do not believe. The works I do in my Father’s name testify to me. 26But you do not believe, because you are not among my sheep. 27My sheep hear my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish. No one can take them out of my hand. 29My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one can take them out of the Father’s hand. 30The Father and I are one.”

Reflection

“My sheep … follow me. I give them eternal life.”  ~ v. 27-28

A woman on vacation in Israel was watching a shepherd lead his flock. Shortly, they  came to a shallow stream. In spite of the shepherd’s calls, the flock grew frightened and froze. He bent down, gently picked up a lamb, and carried it across. When the mother saw her lamb on the other side, she waded through the water to join it. Immediately the others followed.

Can I recall a time when I became frightened and hesitated to follow Jesus? What helped me overcome my fear and hesitancy?

The Lord is my shepherd;
I have everything I need.
He lets me rest in fields of green grass
and leads me to quiet pools of fresh water.
He gives me new strength.
He guide me in the right paths,
as he has promised.

Psalm 23:1-3

Reflection Credits: Fr. Mark Link, SJ, Daily Homilies

Prayer Response

Lord Jesus, help me to lead others to you by my example.

Suggested Action

Say this at least 5 times today: “Jesus loves me!” Write it on a piece of paper and put it in your wallet.

Silencing

Close your eyes. Put all things out of your mind and listen to your breathing. Feel the life in you. That is God dwelling with you.

For the other readings today please go to http://www.usccb.org/nab/

No comments:

Post a Comment