Sunday, April 28, 2013

Daily Gospel & Reflection, Monday, April 29, 2013


Acts 14:5-18
Psalm 115
John 14:21-26

Worship Song


Entrance Antiphon

All you who fear God, both the great and small, give praise to him! For his salvation and strength have come, the power of Christ, alleluia. (Revelation 19:5; 12:10)

Opening Prayer

Father, you restored your people to eternal life by raising Christ your Son from death. Make our faith strong and our hope sure. May we never doubt that you will fulfill the promises you have made. We ask this in the name of your Son.

Alleluia

Alleluia, alleluia. Christ had to suffer and to rise from the dead, and so enter into his glory. Alleluia, alleluia. (Luke 24:46)

The Advocate

[Jesus said to his disciples,] 21“Whoever has my commandments and observes them is the one who loves me. And whoever loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and reveal myself to him.” 22Judas, not the Iscariot, said to him, “Master, [then] what happened that you will reveal yourself to us and not to the world?” 23Jesus answered and said to him, “Whoever loves me will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our dwelling with him. 24Whoever does not love me does not keep my words; yet the word you hear is not mine but that of the Father who sent me. 25“I have told you this while I am with you. 26The Advocate, the holy Spirit that the Father will send in my name—he will teach you everything and remind you of all that [I] told you.”

Reflection

 “Whoever has my commandments and observes them is the one who loves me.” ~ Jesus in v. 21

“I shall indicate to you the practice, which alone makes a man firm in the good and keeps him such from beginning to end: and this is – love God with all your soul, all your heart and all your mind, and work for him alone. God will give you great strength and joy … and in adversity, by struggling and prevailing … you gradually become stronger and stronger and fear evil no more.” ~ St. Anthony the Great

If you asked Jesus how well you have observed his commandments, what do you think he will say to you?

Prayer Response

Lord Jesus, live in me. Fill me with your Spirit. Teach me to obey you, trust you and love you always. Amen

Suggested Action

Do you know of someone who needs your love and caring support? Minister to that person.

“The worth of a kind deed lies in the love that inspired it.” ~ The Talmud

Silencing

In order to pray well we must be free from anything which separates us from God. Some attachments which make prayer difficult are: anger, resentment, unmet needs, and worries. If our mind is attached to these things our heart will not be free to love and pray. You can remove these distractions by imitating the prayer method of Jesus. His prayer was always in response to his Father’s love.

For the other readings today please go to http://www.usccb.org/nab/

No comments:

Post a Comment